Tablet Coating System
In the process of automatic coating of tablets the coater needs to be supplemented by a correctly designed, versatile coating system.
CHITRA’S Coating System have been designed after a careful study of the needs of expert coaters such as Rotational Speed, Efficient AHU system, inlet & exhaust air cfm & efficient solution spraying system etc.. etc...
CHITRA’S Coating System have very heavy & sturdy structure, made from SS304 pipes & sheets. Complete structure covered from outside. Processing Chamber designed with sealed from all side, in which negative pressure can be achieve. Chamber with 02 nos. of covers with hinges provided on two sides ( left & right ) of the structure to clean and remove / replace the pan.
Perforated pan with drive and mounting facility in the chamber.
Chamber with facility of wash water drain port with manually operated ball valve.
Motor with worm reduction gear unit and a bearing housing with shaft for pan drive. Variable Frequency drive for variable speed of pan.
Inlet air & exhaust air duct with b/f valve and Open – Close type pneumatic actuator, inside the chamber.
A FLP lamp at top of the chamber.
Spray nozzle mounting facility at chamber.
Perforated pan made from 10 SWG, SS316 material and polish to the mirror finish from inside & outside, with baffles & tablet unloading attachment.
AHU with pre filters, inlet air blower, cooling coil, phase & by pass system, heating coil, micro v & hepa filters with temperature sensor and Rh Sensor ( OR Dew point sensor – Optional ) & exhaust air blower.
Inlet and outlet air duct. (Non insulated – 06 meter each)
Solution preparation vessel with spraying system.
Model available 12”, 24”, 36”, 48”, 60” .
- Pan fabricated from 2.5 mm thick, SS Sheet of SS 316 quality with 3.0 mm perforation at 4.5 mm triangle pitch for adequate opening area for better performance.
- 12” & 24” model are on wheel & 36”, 48” & 60” model with Anti vibrating unit provided for proper leveling, hence no requirement of foundation.
- AHU with inside SS sheeting + Pre, Micro V & Hepa filter in SS Box + Cooling coil in copper tube and aluminum fins & Heating Coil in SS Tube & Aluminum Fins. ( if steam heated model ) and electrical heaters if electrically heated model.
- Rh Sensor at air inlet line.
- Differential Pressure Gauge at Hepa Filter.
- Differential Pressure Gauge at Process Chamber.
- Inlet air, Product Bed & Exhaust air temperature Sensor.
- Variable Frequency Drive for (AC Drive) Pan Drive Motor, Inlet Air & Exhaust Air Blower.
- RPM Indication facility.
- FLP Lamp.
- Port with Spray Ball for CIP. ( CIP system will be in customer scope )
- Tablet Discharge Spout.
- Inlet Air Blower.
- Exhaust Air Blower.
- Solution Preparation Vessel with propeller type stirrer with variable rpm facility. (Plain – Non Jacketed – Non FLP Model).
- Pan Drive Motor flameproof.
- Spraying Nozzle. ( Make - Spraying System – USA ).
- Peristaltic Pump. ( Make – Master Flex – USA ).
- Manually operated Atomizing Air Pressure Regulator & Fan Width Pressure Regulator.
- Butterfly Valve at Inlet & Exhaust air duct with Actuator.
- PLC & Touch Screen of Mitsubishi make (Touch Screen).
- Inlet & Exhaust air duct – 5 Meter/ each.
PAN MOTOR HP
INLET BLOWER MOTOR HP
EXHAUST BLOWER MOTOR HP
PERISTALTIC PUMP MOTOR HP.
HEATER K.W. / STEAM Kg./Hrs.
12 K.W. / 30 Kgs.
5 to 25
INLET AIR CFM
EXHAUST AIR CFM
NOS. OF NOZZLE
AIR AT 5 Kg./ CM2 CFM
CHILLED WATER REQUIRED
20 GPM AT 5 DC INLET TEMP.
- Dew Point Sensor at inlet air duct, instead of Rh sensor.
- Velocity Trans-meter at inlet & exhaust air duct.
- Differential Trans-meter at AHU & Process Chamber, instead of D.P.G. (02 nos.)
- Jacketed Vessel instead of plain. (for Solution Preparation.).
- Flameproof Model Vessel for Solution Preparation.
- Flameproof Motor at inlet & Exhaust air blower.
- Wet Scrubber at exhaust air.
- Steam & Chilled Water Controlling Valve. (02 nos.)
- Non FLP / FLP
- Atomizing Air Pressure Regulator & Fan Width Pressure Regulator operating through Touch Screen.
- Flameproof/Weatherproof Enclosure for Touch Screen.
- Additional Duct per 1 Meter – Non insulated.
( for Inlet & Exhaust air ).
- PROCESSING AREA WITH DRIVES :
- Horizontal, cylindrical vessel (Pan) of size 300 mm diameters, capable to coat 0.5 to 1.0 Kg. having welded on torispherical dished ends at both sides. The shell body is perforated properly (triangular pitch) to ensure optimum hot air inlet. The pan having a frontal opening for easy loading and unloading of tablets.
- The pan driven by 0.5 HP flameproof motor through suitable reduction gearbox to achieve a variable rotational speed 5 – 25 RPM by means of Variable Frequency Drive (VFD).
- Special type baffles with proper spacing are provided inside the pan for exposing all the tablet surfaces to get uniform coating and tablet (rolling) turning while rotating of the pan.
- The coating pan is enclosed within double walled cubical, totally enclosed to ensure leak proof operation, provided with side doors for easy excess to the pan, the doors are duly insulated / properly sealed with food grade quality rubber with appropriate shore hardness. Locking device on both the doors and rounded interior corners, which helps easy cleaning and maintenance of coating pan.
- A wash sink with proper drainage is provided at the lower plenum of the cabinet to conduct the washing of the perforated pan by increasing the speed of the pan in wash solution.
- A luminous flameproof electric lamp is fitted on the top wall at the cubical above the coating pan to ensure sufficient effulgence to the working zone.
- SOLUTION SPRAYING ZONE :
- A peristaltic pump ( Indian make ) for precise and rapid priming facility for proper and accurate dosing of solution, supply shall be complete with solution transfer tube.
- Highly sophisticated and efficient 01 No. Spray gun, ( Spraying System – USA make ) completely free from choking problem, controls both the application rate and the droplet size for all type of coating.
- The guns are mounted on SS retractable header with angle adjustable arrangement.
- AIR PREPARATION UNIT :
- In built type, PUF insulated double skin AHU with inside SS304 sheeting & all filters in SS304 box, comprising of Pre , Micro V & Hepa Filters, Inlet air Blower, cooling coil, Rh & inlet air temperature sensor and electric heating arrangements of 12 KW electrical load.
- Pre Filters :
- There are 5 micron pre filters at air inlet prior to the blower.
- Inlet Air Blower :
- Centrifugal type blower fan of 100 CFM. The fan shall be dynamically balanced and with backward curved blades. Material of Construction SS304. Direct coupled 0.5 HP non flameproof electric drive motor of 415 V. Prior to inlet blower there shall be 5 micron pre filter.
- Cooling Coil - Dehumidifier :
- The cooling section will operate if the process air entering the cooling section with high humidity at the start of the process. The cooling section will reduce the relative humidity of the air entering the air handling unit.
- Shell & Tube, extended area, fixed tube sheet made with Copper tube and Aluminum Fins. ( The chilled water will be supplied by customer. )
- Electrical Heaters :
- 12 KW electrical heaters made from SS tube will be at AHU for efficient & fast heating arrangement.
- Micro v & Hepa Filters :
- Micro V of 3 micron & Hepa filters 0.3 micron with attachments, viz. pressure drop / choking measurement across hepa filter by means of differential pressure gauge, DOP testing port for checking the integrity of Hepa filter, etc.
- Rh sensor & inlet air temperature sensor will be provide at APU.
- Phase & by pass system for precise control of inlet air temperature.
- Exhaust Air Blower :
- Centrifugal type blower fan of 150 CFM. The fan shall be dynamically balanced and with backward curved blades. Material of Construction MS duly painted or powder coated. Direct coupled 1.0 HP non flameproof electric drive motor of 415 V.
- The quantum of exhaust air is higher than inlet air creates a negative pressure at coating zone, thus faster drying will take place.
The quantum of air shall be controlled by means of variable frequency drive to both blowers.
- Power Panel & Operating Panel :
- MS power panel duly powder coated or painted comprises of contactors, relays, fuse links with base, transformers, ON-OFF switch etc. Proper ferruling and color coding will be provided for the wirings. It shall be mounted at servicing zone.
- Operating Panel : PLC based automation & control :
- Operating panel shall be fabricated from SS304 material.
- The automatic tablets coating system is operated through a user-friendly integrated control panel suitable for manual and automatic operation. The panel includes Mitsubishi make PLC & TOUCH SCREEN. The material of construction of the panel shall be of AISI 304Q. The panel having the following features :
- Automatically controlled process parameters with indication and display such as :
- - Inlet / Outlet Air Temperature.
- Bed / cabinet temperature.
- Pan RPM.
- Inlet air Rh.
- Spray on time.
- inlet & outlet air cfm.
- RPM of peristaltic pump.
- Air pressure of Atomization air.
- Automatic stoppage of spray in case of :
- - Pan rotation stops.
- Exhaust blower stops.
- Hot air blower stops.
- Atomization air pressure falls below set point.
- GENERAL TECHNICAL NOTES :
- MATERIAL OF CONSTRUCTION :
- All process contact parts are made of AISI 316 Q Stainless Steel. All non-process contact parts are made of AISI 304 Q Stainless Steel or heavy parts made out of mild steel and claded or covered with SS304 material.
- UTILITY SERVICES REQUIRED :
- Electric supply : 15.5 Kw. (Max.)
( In electrically heated model )
- Electric supply : 3.5 Kw. (Max.)
( In steam heated model )
- Steam : 30 Kgs./Hr.
- Air : 20 CFM
- Chilled water for AC 12” : 20 GPM : 5 DEG. C. inlet water temp.
- Electric supply : 15.5 Kw. (Max.)
- DRIVE DETAILS :
- 0.5 HP FLP FOR MAIN PAN.
- 0.5 HP NFLP FOR INLET AIR.
- 1.0 HP NFLP FOR EXHAUST AIR.
- 0.5 HP NFLP FOR PERISTALTIC PUMP.
- 0.25 HP FOR STIRRER OF SOLUTION TANK